Pregnant Mother allowance training Program has been implementing by FFDA at Keranigonj Upazila under Dhaka District with the financial support of Department of Women Affairs (DWA) under the Ministry of Women & Children Affairs (MWCA) and the project will continue up to December 31, 2022.
Key activities implemented are as follows:
- Capacity building of volunteers and staff: The provided training to the volunteers and staff to enhance their understanding and learning on project activities, implementation strategies.
- Family and social status survey: The project conducted family survey and find the pregnant mother. The survey gathered information as well as photograph of the pregnant mother, which is used in finalizing the participants list. The project involved one staff to ensure the quality of survey information.
- Project Inception Session: In the First month of the project, a Inception Session conducted at Union level through ensuring participation different types of stakeholders including UP representatives, Upazila Administration, to ensure transparency and accountability toward the project activities and responsibilities.
- Monthly Basis Monitoring by Executive Director: The Executive Director conducted monthly basis monitoring to ensure quality implementation of the project. During field visit she provided necessary feedback to the staff.
- Awareness raising meeting: The project conducted awareness raising issue based group meeting with the beneficiaries on different health related issues. Each groups consisted of 15-20 beneficiaries.
- Training on Pregnant mother and Child health care issues: The project provided training to the mother on pregnant mother and children health care issues to ensure safe delivery.
- Training on General Health: The project conducted training on general health issues as the beneficiaries to improve the knowledge and skills on general health issue as the mothers are not aware about the health issues including water born diseases which may be the cause of their death.
- Midwifery Training: To ensure the safe delivery and reduce the death mother during delivery the project provided Midwifery training